Space, Studio 6
About this event
The course will look in particular at proxemic strategies that allow us to be together across open space, intimate space and public space. The workshop is experiential, aimed at developing personal practice and will lead into performance practices.
Drawing on his vast experience of integrated performance, Adam will introduce accessible pathways to the methodologies that underpin his improvisational and choreographic work.
The course is open to all those interested in movement and text. It is open to experienced dancers and also to those who consider themselves ‘non-dancers’ but would like to discover more about the moving body, and the body in space.
Food and drink
On this course, dinner will be provided on Monday, and lunch on Tuesday-Thursday. These communal meals are a vital part of the learning experience and we strongly recommend you attend them.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the course.
We recommend that if possible, you stay on-site during your course. All our courses are best experienced holistically: through working, relaxing, eating and staying with other course participants and tutors.
Our beautiful rooms have all the character and personality you’d expect, but not at the expense of comfort. With easy access to our wider estate, they are the perfect place to relax and recharge.
Breakfast and dinner each day – made with fresh, locally-sourced produce by our award-winning team – are included: one less thing to worry about during your stay.
Choose this option by selecting ‘residential’ at checkout (head to ‘Book now’, below). Please note:
– Accommodation is available at a discounted rate for course attendees.
– For this course, you must book for four nights, arriving on Monday 19 and departing on Friday 23.
– Breakfast and dinner are included from Tuesday-Thursday and breakfast on Friday morning. (Dinner on Monday is a communal experience and part of the course fee – see above.)
– Check-in for all rooms is from 3pm on the day of arrival
– Check-out for all departures is 11am on the day of departure
– Accommodation is booked on a first come, first served basis only
Register your interest
Submit your details below, and we’ll let you know when this course has been rescheduled.