Venue Space: Studio 5
With: Going Digital Devon and Cornwall
When: Sunday June 23rd - 10am-4pm
About this event
– Make the very most of natural light to enhance your subject and understand how subtle changes can dramatically improve your portraits
– Learn how to relax and pose your models for the most flattering images
– Capture moving subjects and candid shots
– Photograph your subjects in their favourite environment to enhance your portraits
– Use your camera’s built-in flash for fill-flash and backlit shots
Commencing with an introduction to the photography techniques you’ll be using during the day, followed by two hands-on photography sessions to put what you’ve learned into practice, and finally back to the classroom to discuss your images with plenty of time for your questions.
Group Size: A maximum of 10 students per tutor.
Times: Full day, usually 10 am to 4 pm but please check your joining instructions.
Previous Experience: To get the most from this workshop, we recommend that you have attended our Explore Your Camera Part 1 workshop, or have a clear understanding of aperture, depth of field, focal point and ISO.
Cameras: DSLR, Mirrorless Compact System (CSC), Four-Thirds, Bridge, Superzoom.
Don’t have a camera yet? We’re happy to provide a loan camera, free of charge, on many of our workshops. If there’s one available you’ll be able to reserve it when you book
Or browse 62 Courses and workshops events here
Visiting Dartington Hall
Dartington is an old place with a new story.
The Dartington Experiment began in 1925 and was based on the idea that humans are many-sided – and how we need environments that encourage our whole being to flourish, in connection with nature and each other.
This idea is as true today is it ever was.