Seasonal Alchemy: Winter TonicsA weekend of creating natural, seasonal remedies with Tania Bryson BOOK NOW
Saturday 13 – Sunday 14 November, 2021. 9.30-4pm
Dartington Trust, South Devon
£290 Non-residential | £390 Residential – see below for information on what’s included
about this course
Harness the power of plants in making your own natural remedies.
Herbal healer Tania Bryson will help you discover the medicinal properties of seasonal flora including rosehip, yarrow and plantain, offering you a newfound respect for winter’s secrets.
Students will make a herbal cough syrup, a herbal honey, a decongestant chest balm and an immune boosting tincture to take home.
Information for Participants
WHAT TO BRING
Students need to bring some of their own equipment for storage and preparation of the remedies:
- 1 small and 1 medium sized saucepan (bain-marie effect)
- 500ml glass/other bottle and lid for syrup
- 3 glass jars (honey/jam are ideal) and lids for tincture, honey and muscle soak
- 1 towel for steam inhalations and personal hand drying
The course will cover:
- Learning the medicinal properties of autumnal plants
- Learning the techniques for preservation and extraction of properties
- Gaining confidence in using natural remedies for common ailments
Mother, teacher and herbal educator Tania Bryson is the wild-crafter of heartfelt herbal creations at Dream Thyme Herbal in Devon.
Tania’s many years of living amongst vast swathes of Australian rainforest gave her a deeper appreciation of nature, and her first-hand experience of the plight of orangutans and loss of their habitat fuelled her determination to educate people about unethical cosmetics and provide them with a palm-free, effective alternative. Tania’s teachings and experience allow her to go that one step further and actually guide people through the making process using simple, local ingredients, whilst being mindful of our impact on the global environment.
FOOD AND DRINK
On this course, lunch will be provided both days. These communal meals are a vital part of the learning experience and we strongly recommend you attend them.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the course.
We recommend that if possible, you stay on-site during your course. All our courses are best experienced holistically: through working, relaxing, eating and staying with other course participants and tutors.
Breakfast and dinner each day – made with fresh, locally-sourced produce by our award-winning team – are included: one less thing to worry about during your stay.
The residential course fee is based on staying in one of our student style single rooms with shared facilities and easy access to the wider estate, the White Hart and the spaces in which you will be learning. They are the perfect base to rest your head, relax and recharge.
It is also possible, subject to availability, to upgrade your accommodation to a single or double en-suite bedroom in our beautiful and historic courtyard. An upgrade to a single room with en-suite bathroom is an additional £25 per night and a double room with en-suite bathroom is an additional £40 per night.
If you would like to upgrade, please first book with residential option included, and then contact our Guest Services team on 01803 847101 or email email@example.com to check availability. Our Guest Services department is open daily, 8am–8pm.
Choose this option by selecting ‘residential’ at checkout (head to ‘Book now’, below). Please note:
– Accommodation is available at a discounted rate for course attendees.
– For this course, the residential option includes 2 nights, arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday.
– Dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday morning are all included.
– Check-in for all rooms is from 3pm on the day of arrival.
– Check-out for all departures is 11am on the day of departure.
– Accommodation is booked on a first come, first served basis only.
We are proud to be Covid-secure. With guidance around Covid constantly changing, find out what we're doing to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience here >
Select a time below to begin your online booking. You will receive an e-ticket for this event. You are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries you have.