SSE Dartington provides training and opportunities that enable people with entrepreneurial ideas to achieve positive change in their communities.
SSE was founded in 2010 by Michael Young, Lord Young of Dartington, a prolific entrepreneur and social innovator, who launched over forty organisations throughout his industrious and impressive career including the Open University, Which Magazine and the Consumers Association. It is one of ten schools in the UK and internationally.
- Are you someone who wants to make a difference in your community?
- Are you unsure how to get started and make your idea reality?
- Would you like to meet and learn with like-minded people who share your passion?
- Would you like to ‘learn differently’, learning by doing, rather than text books and lectures?
If this is you, or someone that you know, then School for Social Entrepreneurs Dartington is here to help you.
Why is our approach so different?
The SSE approach is centred on you and your project. We shape the learning opportunities according to the visions and needs of the people who come through our doors. These people are personally committed to making a difference within their communities and in their society: people who’s objectives are more than about profit. Our learning process is powered by action and reflection and is far removed from the traditional educational and learning programmes.Visit www.the-sse.org for more ⇒ .
Meet our SSE Fellows ⇒
“The Dartington School for Social Entrepreneurs has provided a challenging but essential programme of activities, which have provided an essential backbone for shaping a successful and sustainable start-up enterprise.”
– Katherine Ford – Start-Up Fellowship Fellow