Research in Practice (RiP) is a network supporting evidence informed practice in child and family services. Established in 1996, our aim is to support the development of knowledgeable, confident practitioners and thereby contribute to positive outcomes for children and families. We are looking for a research-minded, practice-oriented individual with excellent project management and problem-solving skills. You will share our passion for supporting practitioners and policy makers to apply practical outputs of research in the fast moving world of child and family services.
The role will include:
– Ensuring that RiP’s work is informed by pertinent policy developments
– Leading on programming content for conferences, network events and resources for the Research in Practice network
– Quality assuring draft materials
– Building and maintaining networks and relationships across national policy and family justice
– Contributing to the development of bids to support the implementation of research messages in policy and practice
– Acting as the primary point of contact for a number of Research in Practice Partner organisations, providing ongoing, high quality and proactive support to enable them to make the best use of Research in Practice resources and services.
The successful candidate will have:
– A passion for local and national policy and research
– A commitment to coproduction, knowledge exchange and evidence implementation involving practitioners, researchers and children, young people and families
– Great ideas about developing practically oriented outputs to support organisational learning and individual professional development
– Ability to manage time and multiple projects effectively
– Excellent relationship management and quality assurance skills
We work with clients across England and Wales from our main office in Dartington, Devon and a satellite office in Sheffield. This role is based in our Devon office, but remote working could be considered, after a probationary period primarily based in Devon and an ongoing commitment to travel to Devon 3-4 times a month.
We believe that big ideas can make the world a better place. So our beautiful estate is home to a community of people who nurture new thinking, encourage learning and debate, and work every day to inspire one another. There are many sides to Dartington and that’s what makes our future so exciting. Come and be part of it.
To apply for this post please send your completed application form to email@example.com along with a Supporting Statement outlining the reason for your interest in the role and Dartington, and what you believe you could bring to the role. This is a key element of the decision making process so please take the time to put together the Supporting Statement as without it your application is likely to be at a disadvantage.
Please note for this role we cannot accept CV’s