Volunteer Opportunity: Learning and Participation Assistant
About this opportunity
Working alongside our Learning and Participation Officer, we need volunteers to help support the Deer Park education programme. This might include assisting school groups studying a particular topic, and facilitating family activities during school holidays.
Your contribution to the Deer Park project will be greatly appreciated: in return you will hopefully broaden your knowledge of the Deer Park and the Dartington Estate, learn new educational skills and feel part of the Dartington team.
Time: Once a month all year round
- Taking part in setting up and running activity and learning sessions
- To greet visiting families on Activity Days
- To attend specialist on-site training, including safeguarding training
- To answer questions
- To help with market research
What are we looking for?
– Good communication and empathy with the public, especially young learners.
– Enthusiasm for heritage learning and getting visitors of all ages involved in activities.
– An interest in historic landscapes
– A willingness to learn about the Deer Park
– Physically capable of walking routes of between 1-2 miles
– Health & Safety awareness
– Awareness of safeguarding, especially in relation to children
Materials required: Clothing which is weatherproof and stout footwear. A volunteer badge will be provided which we ask you to wear at all times whilst you are volunteering.
Health and safety requirements: Must sign to say you have read and understood all health and safety policies and procedures. Must complete sign-in-sheet before and after your duty.
Training requirements: All volunteers will receive an induction into volunteering at Dartington, including Health & Safety training. All volunteers will receive will receive a full briefing training session on the history and construction of the Deer Park Wall and on running learning activities and tasks . A library of information will be kept in the Volunteer Hub.