About this opportunity
Support the work of Dartington in welcoming visitors by acting as guides to this Grade 2 listed Deer Park and Deer Park Wall and broadening the experience and enjoyment of visitors.
Dartington Deer Park is a significant feature of the Dartington Estate which is accessible as a place for anyone to come to, relax in and be inspired by. We welcome 1 million visitors per year to the grounds but only small proportion of these visit the Deer Park. This project aims to enhance our visitors’
experience by making the Deer Park more accessible and this will include routes and interpretation.
Your contribution to the Deer Park project will be greatly appreciated: in return you will hopefully broaden your knowledge of the Deer Park and the Dartington Estate, learn new guiding skills and feel part of the Dartington team.
Time: Once a week/month, all year round
- To receive information on the Deer Park and be fully briefed
- To attend specialist on-site training
- To arrive at the stated times for tours
- To greet the visiting group at the Visitor Centre
- To introduce the Deer Park
- To escort the group on the chosen route
- To answer questions
What are we looking for?
- Good communication and empathy with the public
- An interest in historic landscapes
- A willingness to learn about the Deer Park
- Physically capable of walking routes of between 1-2 miles
⇐ Back to all volunteering opportunities