About this opportunity
Dartington needs volunteers to support, maintain and enhance the beauty and integrity of Dartington Hall estate. One of the things that draw people to visit Dartington is its beautiful and peaceful surroundings of plants, trees and wildlife.
Volunteers support staff in maintaining habitats for biodiversity and being a friendly approachable ambassador for Dartington’s visitors.
Time: Monday and/or Thursday, arriving around 9am and finishing at approximately 3.30pm. Most volunteers offer a day a week.
- Help maintain paths and countryside
- To erect styles, gates, fences and kissing gates
- Help with the sustainable timber production
- Litter picking
- Help with livestock stock
- Cutting and raking rank/unmanaged grassland areas
- Controlling scrub to conserve more fragile and important wild flower species
- Hedge laying
- Tree planting & pruning
- Wildlife Surveys
- Coppicing & small tree felling
- Constructing wildlife boxes
What are we looking for?
- An interest in woodlands and conservation
- Flexible and reliable
- Happy to be part of a team
- A friendly sociable manner
- Reasonable level of fitness – some of the conservation tasks can be quite physically demanding
⇐ Back to all volunteering opportunities