Do you love both wildlife and your dog?
We know that many dog walkers enjoy visiting the estate and seeing the wildlife that makes its home here. At this time of year, between 1 March and 31 July we ask that dogs are kept on leads, unless using one of the three provided ‘off lead’ areas (North Wood, Aller Park and Redlake).
This is to offer protection for wildlife and farm animals at a time of year when there are lots of baby animals around, often nesting in long grass.
If you’d like to help us protect our wildlife then you can by #takingtheleadie!
All you have to do is take a selfie (a picture) of you walking your dog on its lead on the estate between now and the end of July and send it to us via social media using the hashtag #takingtheleadie. You can:
- Post your entry to our Facebook page
- Or tweet/Instagram it, making sure you’ve tagged it with #takingtheleadie
Prizes for the best pics include:
- A box of handmade dog biscuits made by Tara, Chef at The Green Table
- A pack of premium beef burgers from Jolly Farm
- A free milking experience for two at Dartington Dairy
- A new collar and lead from The Shops at Dartington.
[button link=”https://www.dartington.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Dartington-dog-leaflet.pdf” target=”1″ colour=”Dark Blue”]Read our handy ‘Dogs at Dartington’ leaflet[/button]..[button link=”https://www.dartington.org/our-work/our-land/conservation/” target=”1″ colour=”Dark Green”]Find out more about conservation work at Dartington[/button]
The best images will be chosen by a handful of staff at Dartington who particularly love dogs. The judges’ decision will be final as it’s all just a bit of fun.