|Jump to:||Activities||Live Music||Tastings & Demonstrations||In our Shops|
Gin, Glorious Gin!
Be one of the first to try the brand new and exclusive Elmhirst Gin, launching at the Food Fair and distilled before your very eyes using selected botanicals grown on the Dartington Estate. You’ll be able to watch the process from start to finish as small batches are produced in Prosperity – Devon Distillery‘s custom-made Italian copper ‘Still on the Move’ – before having the opportunity to taste the results yourself – and maybe buy a bottle to take home!
Our famous bar is back – serving not only our refreshing Dartington Ciders and Elmhirst Ale, but also mocktails and cocktails as a new addition to the menu this year. Why not savour a dash of freshly distilled Elmhirst Gin with one of Luscombe Drinks‘ newly launched Devon Tonic Waters, or a Rocktails artisan frozen cocktail?
- There’s plenty to see and do in the Children’s Activity Tent:
- Magic by the amazing Cosmo – the world record holder for the most magic performed in 45 minutes, Cosmo’s magical mix of tricks, balloonology and comedy will astound and delight the whole family! Shows at 11am, 1pm and 3pm each day.
- Throw a pot with Crazy About Clay – £4 per go (to take your pot away unfired)
- Meet our visiting animal friends from Totnes Rare Breeds Farm
- Join the fun with bookable activities from Dynamic Adventures:
- High ropes and zipline – £20
- High ropes only (for over 8 year olds) – £15
- Zipline only – £5 for two goes
- Archery – £15 per hour
Follow the Ale Trail through The Shops, tasting and rating offerings from some of Devon’s finest breweries – tell us your favourite to be in with the chance of winning a hamper filled with the beers you’ve tried!
Public Participation Artwork with Jo Mortimer
Digital and Fine Artist Jo will be creating one of her magnificent Public Participation Artworks – and you can join in! She will be asking visitors to draw and paint a stone on the wall of Dartington Hall – leave your email address to enter a prize draw to win the finished artwork.
Foraging with Rachel Lambert – Sunday 28th May only
Expert forager and wild food guide Rachel will be leading walks around the Dartington Estate at 12pm, 1.30pm and 3pm. Cultivating skills and confidence through inspiring forays in nature, Rachel will showcase the edible plants growing on the Estate and will explain how to use the delicacies you find.
Each walk lasts around 40 minutes, with a maximum of 10 people per walk. Visit www.wildwalks-southwest.co.uk to find out more.
Engraving – Monday 29th May only
Lauren Walker will be in our Glass Gallery offering FREE engraving of Dartington Crystal & Dartington Glass purchases between 11am and 4pm. A graduate in Fine Art, Lauren enjoys expressing a creative passion in her work as a glass engraver. She loves the fact that whatever she works on becomes something truly special to whoever receives it.
(Please note, this offer is limited to 1 item per customer/ 40 characters per item).
Tastings and Demonstrations
Wine Tasting Masterclass with Susy Atkins – Monday 29th May, 2pm
As well as visiting our Demonstration Kitchen to pick up new techniques and tricks of the trade, be sure to join Susy Atkins in Devon Drinks for a fascinating insight into the delicious world of Devon wines and soft drinks. Susy is Drinks Editor for delicious. magazine and wine columnist for the Sunday Telegraph’s Stella magazine. A champion of the Devon food and drink scene, she will be sampling a selection of the region’s finest vintages and will also be delivering her verdict on our very own Elmhirst Gin!
In our Shops
- Spend over £50 on Tregear Pottery and receive a free gift (one per customer, while stocks last)
- Enter the prize draw to win small Morpheus Glass hanging panel
- Buy a 4 pack of Dartington Cider or Elmhirst Ale for £12.99 and receive a FREE canvas shopper, or a FREE Dartington Shaped for Flavour glass when you buy two 4 packs
- Top up on South Hams Brewery ales – £2.99 each or 2 for £5.50
Fashion & Beauty Gallery
- Receive a free Dartington Soap with any purchase over £25
- Enter the prize draw competition to win a Rowallen leather handbag (worth £70)
- Take advantage of an amazing 25% off Radley cross-body bags
- Free trial size hand creams for all customers while stocks last
- Spend £30 in Foods and receive a FREE jute bag
- Enjoy Tom’s Pies – £3.49 each or 2 for £6.50
- Leave a donation to local charity Totnes Caring – the highest donation will receive an exclusive one-of-a-kind set of Dartington Crystal 50th anniversary glasses, engraved with a beautiful depiction of Dartington Hall
- Win a fantastic Lampe Berger gift set by entering our competition
- Take advantage of a fantastic 50% off selected towels, bedding and cushions
- Take part in our exciting prize draws – win a Stellar 7000 5pc Draining Lid Pan set (worth £177) or a set of Dunoon premium bone china mugs
- For that barista experience, see the Nespresso Inissia coffee machines in action
- Raise your entertaining game with special offers on barware, pizza stones and more
- Complete the quiz trail around Stationery, Home and Craft to be in with a chance to win a hamper packed with goodies from our shops
- 3 for 2 on selected books and greetings cards
- Answer our quiz for your chance to win a new backpack – adults can win an Urban backpack (choice of 4 colours) and kids get a chance to win a Reflective backpack (choice of 3 colours)
- Follow The Tiger Who Came To Tea trail through The Shops– can you find where he is hiding?