Keeping our courses and events covid-secure
Dartington always endeavours to provide a safe and supportive environment for all of our visitors. Please see below for more information on what to expect before and during your visit.
INFORMATION FOR short COURSE ATTENDEES
What are we doing?
Dartington Trust and its two learning faculties (Schumacher College and Dartington Arts School) always endeavour to provide a safe and supportive environment for all our course participants and visitors. We continually respond to changes in government guidance relating to the pandemic and constantly review the support offered to all our students, staff, and visitors to maintain a safe environment by implementing the prevailing Government guidance.
our commitments to you
- The Silver Covid Task Group meets regularly to review the maintenance of our learning environment and apply risk mitigations to ensure student safety.
- We will ensure we listen to any concerns that you may have.
- We conduct frequent cleaning in student work spaces and communal areas.
- There are non-contact infrared thermometers, hand sanitiser, disinfectant spray and paper towels available in communal areas across the Estate.
- We regularly review Government guidance and other areas of best practice and update our risk mitigations accordingly.
Unless otherwise directed, please report the Welcome Centre upon arrival to the Estate. The Welcome Centre is located at Dartington Hall, under the archway, where the Guest Services team can help you.
IF TRAVELLING FROM OR TRANSITING THROUGH ANOTHER COUNTRY
To help stop the spread of infections of Covid-19 in our community we ask that visitors consider the following:
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms and are planning on coming to the estate, take a test.
- If you have a Covid-19 positive test result or Covid-19 symptoms, we ask that you do not come to the estate.
- Maintain hygiene measures such as handwashing.
SHOULD I WEAR A MASK?
Course participants are not required to wear masks in either teaching classrooms or at dining, however some students may elect to wear masks in more crowded indoor environments.
FOOD & DRINK
- We will always use the current government hospitality guidelines and regulations at the time of your course.
- If you wish to visit the Green Table café, The White Hart bar or other outlets during your time with us, please check our website for opening times and safety information.
WHAT happens if i cannot attend because of covid
If you need to cancel you’ll be able to transfer to another course or be given credit.
my short course is cancelled or postponed?
If we need to cancel or postpone a short course, you’ll be able to transfer to another course or be given credit.
WHAT IF THE SITUATION CHANGES?
If you have any further questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to drop us a line at boxofﬁce@dartington.org.
INFORMATION FOR BARN CINEMA/concert attendees
latest guidance on covid restrictions
The safety of our staff and audiences are our priority.
To help minimise the risk of COVID transmission we are still encouraging mask wearing in busy spaces, so please bring a mask with you when attending an event at Dartington.
current measures in place
Welcoming you back to watch films together…in a safe space: we want everyone to feel as safe and relaxed as possible as we all venture out and get back to doing the activities we love best. With that in mind, The Barn has several safety measures to make you feel confident to come back to the big screen!
Socially distanced seating
We are currently running the Barn at no more than 50% capacity. From Saturday 26 February, this will only apply to some of our events, as follows:
- Barnkids films
- 5pm & 8pms on Tue/Wed/Thu
- 5pm & 8pms on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon
We are also increasing our online streaming options – offering another possibility for those who aren’t ready to attend in person.
If you are having trouble finding a space that works for you please call our Box Office, open from 1- 8 Tue – Sun.
A clean and fresh cinema
Keeping the Barn clean and fresh is our top priority. We have a (locally-made) hand sanitiser, which we ask our customers to use before they come into the cinema. The Barn’s uses an air circulation system that takes fresh air from outside and circulates it into the cinema. To be doubly sure of fresh air flow between performances, we will leave the doors to the cinema open.
Face coverings in the cinema
Audiences are no longer required to wear masks in the cinema or performance spaces. However, you may elect to wear a mask in more crowded indoor environments and you may see some of our staff doing the same.
Changes to ticket purchasing
We are currently not able to accept cash payments and encourage booking tickets online. This system will allow us to get customers through to the cinema faster and have any que outdoors, avoiding any crowds or congregation in our indoor foyer space. Do have your e-tickets ready on your phone or printed out so it can be scanned or checked by one of our front of house team. Dartington also have a brand new Welcome Center, on the opposite side of the archway to The Barn’s entrance, where our Box Office is now situated. You can buy tickets on the door there, but please make sure you can access your emails.
We are delighted to be re-joined by our amazing team of volunteers who will be there to help and support you through your experience at The Barn, and who aim to make your visit as simple and relaxed as possible.