For over 60 years, young musicians, celebrated virtuosos and passionate amateurs have come together to learn from each other, create and perform new work, interpret gems from the classical, folk, jazz, and modern repertoires, as soloists, in ensembles, in choirs and orchestras, firing new works and artistic partnerships which resonate far beyond the Festival.
The Friends lie at the heart of this alchemy.Click here to download the Friends & Patrons leaflet (.pdf) ⇒
Become a Friend
Friend: £48 per annum
- Advance information
- Priority booking on individual courses
Friend plus one: £60
- For summer school friends living at the same address. Includes all the benefits of 2 friends with just one set of postal correspondence.
Family Friend: £100
- For summer school friends living at the same address. Includes all the friend’s benefits for each person with just one set of postal correspondence. For up to 4 people.
Become a Patron
This programme is for individuals and corporates able to invest in particular activities and receive the acknowledgement and hospitality opportunities.
- Includes ALL Friend benefits
- Named credit in publications
- 2 invites to the launch event
- Includes ALL Bronze benefits
- Invites to a post-concert hospitality event
- Includes ALL Silver benefits
- Invites to events hosted by the Chairman or Chief Executive
- A bursary student allocated to your donation and follow their progress
Leaving a gift in your will
A gift in your will is one of the greatest gifts you can give. Legacies have played a key role in the Summer School’s past and are critical to its future.
In 2018 the Summer School celebrates 70 years of music-making and performance. You can play a part in the future of this wonderful celebration of music.Find out more about Summer School legacies
Dartington is an unrivalled festival of music-making, the creative arts, and learning in a magically beautiful setting. I have exciting plans for the Summer School – particularly in its 70th anniversary year in 2018 – that build on its wonderful legacy. Please join me in supporting Dartington and help the Summer School flourish.
– Joanna MacGregor, Artistic Director