For over 70 years, young musicians, celebrated virtuosos and passionate amateurs have come together to learn from each other, create and perform new work, interpret gems from the classical, folk, jazz, and modern repertoires, as soloists, in ensembles, in choirs and orchestras, firing new works and artistic partnerships which resonate far beyond the Festival.
The Friends lie at the heart of this alchemy.
Become a Friend
Friend: £48 per annum
– Regular Friends newsletters
– Exclusive event invitatons
– Early booking on individual courses
Friend plus one: £60
– For summer school friends living at the same address. Includes all the benefits of 2 friends with just one set of postal correspondence.
Family Friend: £100
– For summer school friends living at the same address. Includes all the friend’s benefits for each person with just one set of postal correspondence. For up to 4 people.
Become a Patron
You can join our family of Patrons as an individual or organisation and give the Summer School the invaluable support it needs to thrive. Your support will entitle you to exclusive event invitations and named credit in all our publications.
– Includes ALL Friend benefits
– Named credit in publications
– Includes ALL Bronze benefits
– Invites to a post-concert hospitality event
– Includes ALL Silver benefits
– Invites to events hosted by the Chairman or Chief Executive
– A bursary student allocated to your donation and follow their progress
Leaving a gift in your will
A gift in your will is one of the greatest gifts you can give. Legacies have played a key role in the Summer School’s past and are critical to its future.
In 2018 the Summer School celebrated 70 years of music-making and performance. You can play a part in the future of this wonderful celebration of music.
Dartington is an unrivalled festival of music-making, the creative arts, and learning in a magically beautiful setting. I have exciting plans for the Summer School which build on its wonderful legacy. Please join me in supporting Dartington and help the Summer School flourish.Joanna MacGregor